|Thor is Scandanavian, just like the word smorgasbord|
- My quads are better but they hurt all of last week. Really - quad pain?! Really?
- On Saturday, the weather was absolutely gorgeous... except for the hour I ran, when there was torential downpour (no, I'm not exaggerating) and hail. Do you know how rarely we get hail here? Rarely!
- Aforementioned run would have been fine anyway because as long as I'm not cold I love running in the rain. But it killed my phone. Speed workout without music? Fail.
- The phone never recovered. RIP, Charles :( This also means no new pictures. (Windows Phone 8 in one week, though!)
- Sunday I went for another run. A "long" run, if you will. (You wouldn't - it was only 6 miles. 6 miles just isn't long for marathon training.) One mile in I had terrible blisters on both feet. Why? I haven't had blister problems in ages. Stupid feet!
- Literally half way through Sunday's run (to the foot!) my Zune died! I love my Zune; the Carbnivore gave it to me and we went through a lot of the summer's
failedmarathon training together. Now I have no music for any running. Crushed. RIP, Ryan.
- Today I had to skip CrossFit because of my blisters. It turned into an impromptu Rest Day which was probably fine because it's been a couple of weeks but I HATE REST DAYS.
|Max is a Rest Day god!|
Last Week's Goals
Update baselines for 3 body weight exercises(100 abs - 3:06, Max push-ups - measley 6 if I go all the way down and touch my chest to the floor, Max pull-ups - 4 in a row. Hey, that's progress.)
- Do more yoga! 3-4 sessions (Pretty much fail. 1 hot yoga session and a few at-home sessions)
Drink more water - enough water to not have headaches, be dizzy, or miss workouts(Success... more or less) 5 CrossFit sessions(4 CrossFit sessions + CrossFit weightlifting. Sorta success?) 3 running workouts (track, interval, time trial)(Big check on this one!)
- Flexibility: Work on forearm handstand & splits (I completely forgot this goal even existed)
- Take at least 1 Rest Day. For real this time. (I never even meant this one.)
|This girl did not forget about her forearm goal AND she took an awesome picture. I hate her.|
Last Week's Highlights
- Monday's workout was one of my best CrossFit sessions, ever
- #15 PR on my Clean! (Thank you, Saturday Weightlifting class)
- #20 PR on my Deadlift! (#225!)
- Started pull-up EMOM strategy. 50 pull-ups at the end of Saturday weightlifting.
- 6 miles running hard on pavement. The run itself sucked but it's the longest I've run on hard ground since the summer's fractures. I'm definitely slower and I've lost fitness (which I thought would be very demoralizing) but just being able to run without pain feels amazing. I'll take what I can get.
This Week's Goals
- DON'T do more yoga! (Reverse psychology?)
- 5 CrossFit sessions
- 1 Weightlifting session
- 3 key runs (intervals, track, tempo)
- EMOM progression for pull-ups (6 pull-ups every minute on the minute for 10 minutes 3-4 times a week)
- EMOM progression for push-ups (4 push-ups every minute on the minute for 10 minutes 4 times a week)
- Take a Rest Day (Ha! I'm achieving this one right now!)
- Try a new paleo recipe
- Calcium supplements every day
- Drink more agua!
- Get a new phone
- Get more rest - at least 8 hours a night.
|Probably I deserve this for working late tonight?|