|Still without a real phone == No new pictures|
Put these in order of importance:
This week at work we did Insights Training, since they're doing a big office move and we weren't allowed in our building. I found out my only subconscious color is Red, which explains my love of goals, lists, and actions. However at work I spend significant energy dialing down my "Red energy" and exude a lot of Blue (love of details, analyzing data, etc) and Yellow (enthusiastic, sociable, dynamic).
My personality assessment seemed relatively accurate, saying in a few different places that I spend significant time trying to achieve perfection at everything and being disappointed in myself when I fail. It also said my love of details and data can result in being less action-oriented and spend more time planning/analyzing/thinking. (Yeah, those things are kind of contradictory but maybe that just explains why I've felt so ill at ease lately?)
So in the spirit of self-improvement, I'm going to make a few changes in how I do things for the next month. At the end of November I'll see how things went and make changes as appropriate. Without further ado...
- Every weekend I'll make a workout plan for the upcoming week, based on how I feel and where I think I can make the most improvement.
- Once the plan is made, I'll either get the workouts done or I won't. If I'm tired, sore, sick, busy, whatever and miss a workout, I won't plan on making it up. With the high volume of workouts I have planned, there's plenty of other sweat sessions coming up to look forward to.
- Every week will have at least 1 full rest day.
- Skill work - Oly lifting, Double-Unders, Toes to Bar, Pistols, Handstand Push-ups. Every week I'll pick a primary and secondary skill to work on after WODs. If I want to compete in the Open Games, I need to whittle down my list of things I straight-up can't do to as few things as possible!
- More yoga, more cardio, more "get lean" sessions. The less body fat I have to carry around, the more weight I'm going to be able lift. Simple as that.
- Every 3rd week will be a "decompression" week where I'll focus more on rest, yoga, and CrossFit skills.
- Re-commit to paleo. More lean meat, more vegetables, fewer nuts, fruits, and cheat days.
- 1-2 healthy cheat meals a week. I want to transition this into a lifelong way of living
- DRINK MORE WATER. No reason not to be better hydrated!
I've decided to be better at work! I need to put more thought into how these goals should be structured and measured.
- Max - Keep him a happy, healthy dog.
- Be more of a girl - More shopping, more manicures, more femininity. Since (almost) all my co-workers are male and so many of my activities bring out my inner competitiveness, it's hard to hold onto my girliness.
- Cleaner more organized environment - apartment, car, office, bags, etc.
- Make a budget and stick to it - adjusting it is fine but I should probably stop indiscriminately spending money.
|The Carbnivore and I are planning a trip to the Happiest Place on Earth!|